Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Tribute

What’s up everybody I’m back after a little hiatus. As most of you know I’m back in the NYC. I came back to help my family out while my mother was sick. Well my mother moved on and I’m writing this as a tribute to her. First off the anticipation of death is worse e than death itself. I heard this saying a few years back and I laughed at it. Not until your put into the situation of watching someone die will you understand. My mother had pancreatic cancer one if the worse one you can get. From when she was first diagnosed with it she vowed to fight it. She did. And the family came together to fight it with her. During the fight we had a good time as a family. She always wanted us to be close and we got us closer with her sickness. My relationship with my mother was always hot and cold. We were either best friends or worse enemies. We always told it like it was to each other we never backed down and it remained that way until the end. She instilled a lot of good values in us. She held us down while my father was out there working. I’m fortunate to come from a two parent household. And they were old school in the way they raised us. I know that’s what makes me the good guy that I am today. As I look back some of the things that she did or said kind of makes sense now later in life. I want to thank her for those life lessons. Before she left she threw me one curveball. She died right in front of me and my brother. I don’t know why she chose us but she did. Although it was sad it was one of the most beautiful things that I ever saw. The silence and the peace that was in that room. And knowing that she gave it her all in life and in death is something that I can take with me for the rest of my life. For everything that you did for me I want to say thank you MOM. It all makes sense now at least a little bit……………

No comments: