Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Truth Is

The truth shall set you free. Isn’t that something we always hear when we were growing up? Then why don’t we always practice it. We tell small white lies or we over the top and really make some stuff up. Is not telling a person what’s going on just as bad as lying? I think it is. Why do we try to cover things up with lies? What you do in the dark always come to the light. With that being said why don’t we just tell the truth? I value the opinion of three of my friends. These three people always tell me the truth about myself. From my attitude to mistakes I have made in my life. These three people no matter what, no matter how much it will piss me off will always tell me the truth. Thanks guys. And you know I would do the same for you. The other day somebody called me a liar because I promised to do something for them and I never did it. This prompted me to examine myself. Am I a liar? Yes I am. But going forward I’m going to let people know right off the bat what’s going on with the truth. Even if it hurts someone, I have to do what I have to do. I believe its all part of being authentic with you. Why should we sugarcoat things if it’s really bothering us? Just tell the truth. Get it off your chest and then you will see the true friendship you have with that person. And when someone tells you the truth about yourself you have two options. You can look yourself in the mirror and examine yourself especially if it not the first time you’re hearing it. Or you can blow that person off and lose your chance to grow as a person. I thank everybody for telling me the truth about myself. Without you guys I could not grow into the person that I am. And one last thing. Just tell the truth……………….

No comments: